Inspired by breathtaking sunsets over the Andes mountains, our Tambo Sunset pattern incorporates stripes dyed with eucalyptus and amaranth to offset the unique color of raw wool, giving you a piece that is altogether distinctive and sustainable. After falling in love with the centuries-old Nehru jacket design, we decided to create our own as a tribute and have given it an Andean twist. With its sleek, versatile silhouette, our Tambo Jacket was designed to meet your need for elegant style in the office, on a mountain top, or when meeting your partner’s parents for the first time. The natural wool offers warmth and total comfort while making it lightweight enough to be the ultimate travel buddy.
The Tambo Jacket is made of 100% Andean Wool handspun in the community of Salasaca, Ecuador by artisans who raise the sheep themselves. With locally-sourced thread, as well as buttons made from the Ecuadorian Tagua nut, we’ve put sustainability in the details. Our signature Sunset colors were developed using ancient techniques passed down through generations to harness natural plant dyes. The result is a long-lasting, low-impact alternative to typical chemical dyes. With all this in mind, slight color and texture variation is natural and part of what makes our products so special.
- Limited Edition: 20 or less will be made of this jacket
- Made to order
- 100% hand-spun Andean wool
- Thread handspun and woven in a pedal loom by artisans in Salasaca, Ecuador
- Dyed with natural plants
- Vegetable ivory buttons - Tagua
- Mandarin collar
- Interior vertical pocket for sunglasses and essentials
- Label crediting the artisan who manufactured it
- Ethically Handcrafted in Miranda, Northern Ecuadorian Andes
- Unique Color: slight variation in shade will occur as a result of the use of natural materials
- Dry clean only