Upcycled Denim Jacket - Men's - L
- One of a kind
- 100% made from up-cycled denim, pre-loved/second-hand jeans and excess material from local factories
- Label crediting the artisan who manufactured it
- Buttoned chest pockets
- Tab-adjustable waist
- Custom Remu buttons sourced from local producers
- Ethically Handcrafted in Miranda, Northern Ecuadorian Andes
- Dry Clean or Cold Water Cycles
- Do not over-wash your garments, denim is one of the most durable fabrics out there and over-washing does not only waste water but diminishes your jackets’ lifespan.
We work with seamstresses from rural communities to handcraft each of our pieces, enabling them to become independent through their skills and provide for their families. We pay 7% of the price of each of our products directly to the seamstress that manufactured it.
Did you know an average pair of jeans requires over 1,800 gallons of water to be manufactured? That is the equivalent to the amount of water that a family of four needs for 64 weeks. Reusing fabric offsets the production of new material and in turn, offsets the usage of resources. By upcycling denim through this jacket, we avoid the waste of roughly 7,800 gallons of water and give new life to around 1.8 pounds of textiles.