Element Overshirt - Sunset
Estimated Delivery: 14-21 days.
- Limited Edition: 20 or less will be made of this overshirt
- Made to order
- 100% hand-spun Andean wool
- Thread handspun and woven in a pedal loom by artisans in Salasaca, Ecuador
- Dyed with natural plants
- Vegetable ivory buttons - Tagua
- Label crediting the artisan who manufactured it
- Ethically Handcrafted in Miranda, Northern Ecuadorian Andes
- Unique Color: slight variation in shade will occur as a result of the use of natural materials
- Dry clean only
Inspired by breathtaking sunsets over the Andes mountains, our Tambo Sunset pattern incorporates stripes dyed with eucalyptus and amaranth to offset the unique color of raw wool, giving you a piece that is altogether distinctive and sustainable. This is the perfect over shirt for those who appreciate the look and feel of a slightly oversized fit while looking for an extra dose of unique texture.
We work with seamstresses from rural communities to handcraft each of our pieces, enabling them to become independent through their skills and provide for their families. We pay 7% of the price of each of our products directly to the seamstress that manufactured it.
Additionally, this jacket comes with handcrafted buttons made out of Tagua tree seeds, a native species that grows in the Ecuadorian rainforest. This natural product is widely known as vegetable ivory for its resemblance to animal ivory. Tagua handcrafts are a great option to replace ivory products, by using the seed we are helping to stop elephant hunting.
In 1 year a Tagua tree produces 20 pounds of vegetable ivory, that is equivalent to the amount of ivory a female elephant produces in a lifetime.